Membership Categories, Fees and Entitlements
Full Membership (players aged 18 years & over) – £72 (new Members 10% discount – £65)
People with disabilities – £36 (new members discount 10% – £33)
Junior Membership (players up to and including 17 years of age) – £15
Student Membership (players in full time education aged from 18 up to & including 25) – £36
Affiliated Membership (ex-Full Members of The Club, retired from competitive bowling or spouses of Members) – £10
Associate Membership – for new members – £10
Temporary Membership (granted to new players taking part in beginners tuition courses or approved, accompanied taster sessions [limited to 4 sessions])– no charge
Annual Locker maintenance fee – £2
- Junior Members under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times when on the premises, including when bowling on The Green. They may only bowl on the same rink as their responsible adult. Junior Members may only enter the social competitions if partnered by their responsible adult. They may not be selected to take part in any Leagues in which Norton Bowling Club is entered until they have attained the age of 16.
- Affiliated Members may roll-up as often as they wish (with visitors if they so want), paying the current Green Fees –presently £5 per 2 hour session – on each occasion (for both visitors and themselves). They may also participate in any of the social competitions that are arranged throughout each season, upon payment of the Green Fees.
- Visitors and Members’ friends are welcome. Norton Bowling Club is a Members’ Club and its facilities are not open for general public use. Visitors must be accompanied by – and are the responsibility of – their host Members. They may have full use of the equipment for bowling. Appropriate footwear must be worn when playing. Visitors are allowed to roll-up on up to four occasions each season and Members may only bring up to two visitors at any one time. Special arrangements will be made for prospective members and novices to the game.
- New members may use The Club’s bowls and shoes but will need to provide their own bowls in their second season and are advised to obtain their own shoes as soon as possible.
- Associate Members may play bowls during designated “roll up” times, paying current Green Fees. They may also participate in any of the social competitions arranged during the season at no charge. They may attend the AGM as an observer..