Membership Categories, Fees and Entitlements
Full Membership (players aged 18 years and over) – £70 (new Members – £63)
Junior Membership (players up to and including 17 years of age) – £15
Student Membership (players in full time education aged from 18 up to and including 25) – £35
Affiliated Membership (ex-Full Members of The Club, retired from competitive bowling or spouses of Members) – £15
- Junior Members under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/grandparent/legal guardian/carer at all times when on the premises, including when bowling on The Green. They may only bowl on the same rink as their parent/grandparent/legal guardian/carer.
- Junior Members may only enter the social competitions if partnered by their parent/grandparent/legal guardian/carer. They may not be selected to take part in any Leagues in which Norton Bowling Club is entered until they have attained the age of 16.
- Affiliated Members may roll-up as often as they wish (with visitors if they so want), paying the current Green Fees –presently £4 per 2 hour session – on each occasion (for both visitors and themselves). They may also participate in any of the social competitions that are arranged throughout each season, upon payment of the Green Fees.
- Visitors and Members’ friends are welcome. Norton Bowling Club is a Members’ Club and its facilities are not open for general public use. Visitors must be accompanied by – and are the responsibility of – their host Members. They may have full use of the equipment for bowling. Appropriate footwear must be worn when playing. Visitors are allowed to roll-up on up to four occasions each season and Members may only bring up to two visitors at any one time. Special arrangements will be made for prospective members and novices to the game.
- New members may use The Club’s bowls and shoes but will need to provide their own bowls in their second season and are advised to obtain their own shoes as soon as possible.